This week I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger award by Kat’s Observations. I have only been writing about my travel experiences since January, so I wasn’t too clued in with what the award is! I did a little bit of reading around it and worked out that it’s an award passed on from another blogger who enjoys my posts. I mainly used this article to read about it, which says, “According to the creator, Okoto, “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
This is really flattering for me and it brings me great pleasure to know that at least one person is enjoying my musings.
Accepting the award isn’t as simple as you might think; in order to behold the award I must first follow this set of rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
2. Mention the Creator of the Award
3. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
4. Nominate other bloggers
5. Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice.
So here I go!
1. Thank you, Kat’s Observations, for nominating me. Her blog is one of my favourites to read as she makes some astute observations from her travels! Check it out here!
2. Thank you, Okoto Enigma, for Creating this award. It is such a brilliant idea to praise and support each other.
3. Questions for me to answer:
1. If you could describe yourself as a fruit, what fruit would you be and why?
Probably a kiwi fruit because they have a furry coat that I would need as someone who constantly feels cold. It is also a bit sour which arguably is analogous with the sassy sarcasm I regularly adopt to mock the people I care about.
2. If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be?
This one is easy. The cigarette. It’s bad for you, it doesn’t look cool, and it just smells really bad. If you smoke, you smell. Sorry but it’s true.
3. What is one random fact that you are proud of knowing?
I learned when I went cage diving with great white sharks that they have blue eyes! I wouldn’t have thought it nor believed it until I saw them, up close and personal as we churned fish guts or “chow” through the water to attract the beasts. They wriggled right up against the cage where we were stood shivering in the Atlantic, despite the wetsuits.
4. What is your favourite song and why?
This is a much harder question because there are so many different songs that I love. Some of you might know that I recently met Marcus Mumford from Mumford and Sons, who are quite possibly my favourite band! My favourite song, however, largely depends on my mood. I am a big fan of The Who’s Baba O’Riley but ahead of that comes the full 8 minute version of Meatloaf’s Bat Out of Hell. This song has everything going on and is such a fantastic masterpiece!
5. If you could travel forward or backward in time, which year would you choose and why?
Somebody asked me this fairly recently and I thought about seeing the future. I wouldn’t want to see my own future because spoilers, but I would like to see what happens to the human race in a couple of hundred years! On a smaller level, I get really excited at the simplest of gadgets so I reckon I’d have a whale of a time exploring and playing with the instruments of a new time. On a larger scale I would hope that the future of the human race holds equality for all people regardless of colour, gender or sexuality.
4. Nominate other bloggers:
This is really tough as there are so many inspiring blogs out there, but I have managed to narrow it down! Here they are in no particular order:
5. Questions for my nominees:
1. To where was your most inspiring trip and why?
2. Of what travel-related achievement are you most proud?
3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten and what did it taste like? 4. If you had to give up one mode of transport, what would it be and why?
5. If you owned a boat, what would you call it and why?